1 pound dry ziti pasta
1 onion chopped
1 pound ground turkey
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 jars spaghetti sauce (your choice)
provolone cheese slices (enough to cover top)
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Bring large pot of water to a boil. Add ziti and cook until al dente (about 8 minutes)
2. Brown onion and ground turkey in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic during the last minute or so, make sure not to burn it.
3. Add spaghetti sauce to the meat, onions and garlic and let simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
5. Butter a 9X13 inch baking dish and layer as follows: 1/2 of the ziti, 1/2 of sauce mixture, provolone cheese slices, sour cream, remaining ziti, remaining sauce, top with Parmesan cheese.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted all the way through. (can cover with foil for the first 20 minutes and take off allowing it to brown for the last 10 minutes)
7. Serve, eat, enjoy!
- 5 Things You Need to Know About - February 20, 2013
- Classics Corner: R&B poineer assembles his ‘Greatest Hits’ - February 20, 2013
- St. Albans Valentine’s Scar: Till death do us part - February 20, 2013