64 New Positive COVID-19 Cases: Radford University Slowing The Rise

2 min read The Radford University COVID-19 Dashboard is reporting 64 new positive cases this past week on campus. For a total of 357 cases.

COVID-19

Photo Credit: (CDC)This illustration, created at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), reveals ultrastructural morphology exhibited by coronaviruses. Note the spikes that adorn the outer surface of the virus, which impart the look of a corona surrounding the virion, when viewed electron microscopically.

828 views

By: Dustin Staples | dstaples1@radford.edu

The Radford University COVID-19 Dashboard reported 64 new positive cases this past week on campus. Of the total confirmed positive cases, the university has a total count of 357.

Since last week, Radford’s positive cases increased by 1.12 percent (from 11.14 percent) since Sept. 1, with a total new positive rate of 12.26 percent of the 2,911 tested – all testing has been performed by Radford University Student Health Center, in partnership with PathGroups.

Radford’s positivity increased by 1.12 percent (11.14 percent) since Sept. 1, with a total new positive rate of 12.26 percent.

According to an email sent Tuesday, Sept. 8 by President Hemphill, “This week’s update demonstrates that we have successfully slowed the spread of COVID-19 on our campus with a 67.18 percent decrease in new positive cases when comparing 195 from the prior update to 64 in this new update.”

To continue the testing process, Radford University will host another on-campus surveillance testing site for students and student workers, in partnership with the Virginia Department of Health’s New River Valley District, Friday, Sept. 11, from 11:00 a.m -3:00 p.m., in Young Hall. PathGroups will perform the tests.

Any student interested in getting a test will have to schedule an appointment through an online registration system, according to an email sent out Tuesday, Sept. 8. 

Testing will be on a first-come, first-served basis. Anyone who signs up for online testing is encouraged to arrive at least five minutes before their scheduled time. Radford provides a secure online portal for students to check their test results within a 48-hour time frame.

The University COVID-19 Dashboard is updated weekly to provide the Radford community with campus-based testing information and related data.