Last Updated on
Classic Italian Lasagna
-1 lb ground beef
-1 lb shredded mozzarella cheese
-1 package of lasagna noodles
-1/2 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese
-2 eggs whipped
-24 oz. ricotta cheese
-1 tsp garlic salt
-1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
-1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
-1/2 tsp. garlic powder
–13 oz. tomato sauce
-6 oz. tomato paste with Italian herbs
-28 oz. crushed tomatoes
-1/2 tsp chili powder
-2 tbsp Italian seasoning
-1 tsp garlic powder
-1/2 green pepper, finely chopped
Prep time: About 30 minutes, Cook Time: 45 minutes, Servings: About 10
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Defrost ground beef and place in a skillet. Cook on medium heat for about 15 minutes or until cooked throughout. Season as desired. I like to just add a little garlic salt and Italian seasoning. Stir frequently.
3. While the beef is cooking, combine the tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, chili powder, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and green pepper in a medium size saucepan. Cook on low heat until the beef is done. Stir frequently.
4. In a large pot, cook lasagna noodles in water for about 8 minutes. Season as desired.
5. Check the beef and make sure it is cooking evenly.
6. In a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, grated parmesan, eggs, garlic salt, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. Stir until mixture is evenly distributed.
7. Once the beef is cooked, pour the seasoned beef into the sauce.
8. In a 13 x 9 pan, pour a moderately thin layer of sauce. Spread it evenly across the bottom of the pan.
9. Place 4 long lasagna noodles side-by-side across the sauce.
10. Scoop a moderately thin layer of the cheese mixture across the noodles until it is evenly distributed.
11. Sprinkle a layer of mozzarella cheese across the cheese mixture.
12. Repeat steps 7 through 10 until the pan is full. There should be about three layers of each.
13. Pour remaining sauce on top, distributing it evenly. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella on top of the sauce and sprinkle the grated parmesan cheese evenly on top of the mozzarella.
14. Place the lasagna into the oven and cook for 45 minutes.
15. After it is cooked, let cool for 5-10 minutes.
16. Slice, serve, and enjoy!
- Saxophonist astonishes crowd during senior recital - January 29, 2013
- Update your wardrobe on a budget - January 29, 2013
- Classics Corner: American hip-hop duo reintroduces funkadelic style - January 29, 2013